Monday, February 4, 2008

back at it

The sickness is still lingering, but the worst of it is gone. I no longer have any excuse, I'm back at work.

The baby weighs 4 and 3/4 pounds this
week (week 34!), about the same as a cantaloupe. The countdown is serious now, only 6 weeks to go. Maybe Punxsatawney Phil was talking about me on Saturday when he predicted 6 more weeks of winter. I didn't realize that my due date coincides almost exactly with the beginning of spring. What a perfect time. Those first buds on the trees will have a totally new signifcance this year, as nature starts to wake up and bring new life, I'll be planning to do the same.

I got a good amount of knitting done during my stay on the couch, but no photos yet. Right now, I'm wading through emails and voicemails - who knew being absent from work for 3 days would create such a backlog? I don't know how exactly they'll do without me when I go on leave, but it's the least of my concerns. Right now, I've got a cantaloupe to take care of!

No comments: