Sunday, February 10, 2008

overheard

Yesterday, Dave and I finally got a chance to go over to Peapods and buy diapers and the mattress we wanted. We got the Kissaluvs contoured ones, mostly because they seemed super nice, durable, and weren't quite as expensive as the custom fitted ones.

While we were there, we witnessed a hilarious interaction between a husband/wife team and the store clerk. While standing next to the diapers, we heard the man from this couple say all of the following:
"My wife brought me here because she wants me to wash my clothes with poop."
"I love the environment, but I love my kid more."
"I do the laundry, and I don't want to be looking at skid marks!"

The woman was clearly embarrassed, trying to get him to lower his voice. He continued to elaborate about poop and skid marks, raising his voice more and more. Needless to say, they left the store without purchasing anything, but Dave and I could not stop laughing. We've been repeating his comments all day, and they still make me laugh out loud.

No comments: