Tuesday, February 19, 2008

36 weeks, and not feeling like posting

This weekend was awesome. I had Friday and Monday off, and for the most part, got to do everything I wanted. On Friday I celebrated my 26th year with breakfast at the Birchwood, a massage at Blooma, and a fun trip to the Electric Fetus to buy the new Brenda Weiler CD and the new-ish Indigo Girls. Saturday I lounged in my PJs, slept in, took a nap, and felt generally rested. Sunday I went to yoga, but for the most part bummed around. Seeing a theme here? My energy levels are low low low, and all I really want to do is nap. And when I don't nap, I get grumpy in the evenings.

I spent most of yesterday thinking "only 3 more weeks of work! then I can stay in my pajamas all day!" When I got to my desk this morning and looked at my calendar, I realized that I actually have to be at work for 4 more weeks, and for some reason that realization was crushing. I'm tired of working. So, so tired. I wish I could be off, hanging around the house, knitting and napping at my leisure. It was so nice to have a four day weekend, to be rested and happy, and to know that I won't have any more time off until I'm on maternity leave. I'm trying to conjure a way I can work from home one day a week, or maybe just take off a week early. I'm totally ready to be done.

Babycenter.com told me today that the baby is probably around 6 pounds right now, the size of a crenshaw melon. I'm not even going to try on that one. I have no idea what a crenshaw melon is. I'm also beginning to doubt the weight estimates. My sister's little boy came out at 40 weeks weight 6 pounds 10 oz. With 4 more weeks to go, I'm kind of hoping the baby isn't already 6 pounds since that would mean he/she would continue to pack on the weight for another few weeks, and I might be delivering a 10 pound baby. Which really? Let's face it - that's the weight of a bowling ball.

I think the baby has started to drop down. The kicks are still coming regularly, but they're not so far up in my ribcage. I'm having an easier time taking a deep breath, and my belly in general just seems to be a little lower. At the end of this week the pregnancy will be term and we'll have the green light for a home birth from now through 42 weeks. We've got the birth supplies all ready to go, and our midwives (and doula!) will visit our home this week to see the sights and make sure everything is in order. It's all happening quickly, and when I look at the big picture I know that there is very little time left to wait. But then I look at the little picture, and I think about how nice it would be to be lying on the couch right now, sipping a cup of raspberry leaf tea. 27 days to due date, and counting down.

No comments: