Monday, February 25, 2008

a work in progress

I never get around to posting about my knitting works in progress, mostly because I forget that we have a camera until they're already completed. I tend to knit pretty quickly, and my recent projects have been small. I want to be sure I'll be able to finish it once I start, so most things aren't going past the 2 -3 day mark.

Friday night, I began this bag using Rowan Magpie (which I'm not finding on their website so it must be discontinued). My sister in law gave it to me for my birthday, and it's a nice purple-y brown color. I've got the front, back, side and bottom panels complete, now just working away on the strap.

I want to have a long strap, so the bag will sit on my hip while it's over my shoulder. I measured the strap on one of our favorite over-the-shoulder bags, and it's 42". That seems extremely long to me, but I'm going to knit that far and see how it feels. I love, love, love the cable pattern on the strap, so I have no problem doing a little extra, even if I don't use it.

Hope to sew it up tonight. It never occurred to me to make a bag before, and I've been hauling around the same green and frilly purple felted thing that I made 5 years ago, and never really liked. This suits me much better, and I can't wait to have it complete.

No comments: