Thursday, January 31, 2008

pupper of the week

I am still very much under the weather. I stayed home from work yesterday, and will be staying home for most of this morning. Work cannot be ignored though, and I know I can't stay home tomorrow. I always have the best intentions, telling myself that I'll work from home and I won't miss anything. Lies, all lies. When I'm sick, the only thing I want to do is lay on the couch, read, and watch movies. I make up excuses about why I can't get any work done - I don't have the right computer, don't have the right documents with me - the truth is that I don't feel good and I don't want to work. I want to nap and drink lots of orange juice. I get sick so rarely that I feel totally justified in my slackery. Justified until I have to go back to work, that is, and then I feel guilty that other people have been working their butts off and I've been doing nothing but dozing on the couch in my pjs. I can't wait for my maternity leave. 12 whole weeks where there's no guilt for the work I'm not doing. All I have to think about is me, Dave, and the baby. It's going to be sweet.

No comments: