Tuesday, January 22, 2008

busy busy weekend

I've got a completed shawl, a new baby sweater almost finished and a sewing project I'm particularly proud of. But the photos? They are not at my fingertips. Will post them soon, though.

I'm 32 weeks, and the official countdown to the due date has begun. I know that time will fly by, but for now it continues to feel like it's dragging. Babycenter.com did not disappoint this morning, though. The baby weighs as much as a large jicama this week. Now, I happen to be a fan of jicama, but I couldn't consider it one of the most known vegetables. And by that, I mean that I only learned what a jicama was about 3 years ago. And I'm still not completely sure.

Either way, baby is growing and kicking and keeping me awake. My favorite is when I'm feeling particularly lazy and balancing the laptop up on my belly. The baby does not like the laptop. I can't type or browse because the kicking increases and seems to be directed right at the bottom of the computer. Dave thinks it vibrates or hums, and only the baby can hear it. I think it's neat.

No comments: