Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the business

Too bad this is sold out!

The Business of Being Born
The International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN) of the Twin Cities is pleased to announce a special sneak preview of THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN a documentary film directed by Abby Epstein and Executive Produced by Ricki Lake.

Our homebirth midwives are on the panel presenting at the Oak Street Cinema before the event. If only we'd heard about it sooner, we might have been able to attend. Alas, we'll have to go occupy ourselves by reading some facts at www.givingbirthnaturally.com.

I'd just like to state for the record that I'm happy that the baby is active, and I'm really happy the baby is head down. But man oh man, I would really like some relief from the rib kicking. My favorite is when I can push down right on the feet and the baby moves them out of the way, then sneaks them back up to my ribs just over to the side a little bit. It must be the most comfy position for the kid, and like me - he/she does not like to be disturbed when comfortable!

No comments: