Friday, June 20, 2008

secret

I have a secret. I have to whipser it, because saying it out loud might jinx it:

he has slept through the night for the last three nights!

Now I know it's too much to hope for. I know that he will not continue to sleep through the night. I know that getting up in around 2 am is my lot in life, at least for the next few years. Honestly, I feel like I've sort of gotten used to it. But boy, it's nice. Ohhhh, so nice. I still got up and checked on him the last two nights, just be sure he was breathing. He has become devoted to sleeping on his tummy, and that bugs me. I flip him back over and pray that he doesn't wake up. So far, so good.


Now as soon as Dave starts feeling better (and sleeping through the night himself) we'll be the best rested family on the block. Keeping our fingers crossed!

No comments: