Thursday, December 27, 2007

back at it

I'm back at work today, glad to have had 3 days off. I'm taking off next Monday and Tuesday, too, so I really can't complain that I have to be at work today and tomorrow. Any time off is fun time.

I've been a bit of a grump recently. Don't know if it's the holiday, the pregnancy, or the family stuff that's going on, but I've been in a bad mood. I haven't been sleeping well, and rolling over has become even more of a chore.
I feel gigantic, but when I went to take a photo of me at 28 weeks, I realized that my belly is not nearly as big as I think it is. (sorry for chopping off my head, it's hard to take a decent photo with Photo Booth).

The pregnancy ticker continues to count down, and with just under 12 short weeks to go it feels like the baby will be here in no time. All the while I look back on the year 2007, and I feel like I've been pregnant for the whole year. Technically, I have been pregnant since June, and we were planning for the baby as early as March or April when we had a pre-conception visit with a midwife. This will definitely be remembered as the year of the pregnancy. It will be eclipsed, of course, by 2008, which will be the year of the baby.

Dave and I continue to prepare our home and minds for the arrival, last week we picked out nursery furniture and a car seat. We're going to take inventory of all of the baby clothes that we've been given, wash them all and start filling up the dresser. Once the changing table arrives, we'll get the diapers washed and put away. We've been lucky to receive so many things from friends who've recently had children. I hope that my spirits pick back up. The third trimester has officially begun, and I know this is the home stretch (for those keeping score - the baby weighs as much as a chinese cabbage this week). I haven't been as diligent about the raspberry leaf tea and the regular swimming, and I will resolve to put those things back into my schedule. The weather has been wonderful so far this winter, lots of snow and not too much cold. I hope that trend continues. I need to find a jacket that will cover my growing belly, so there will be some thrift store shopping this weekend. There is much to look forward to in this new year, I've just got to keep the positive attitude that I've had for the last 6 months. Maybe some ice skating at Rice Park will be just the thing!

No comments: