Sunday, October 21, 2007

weekend update

I spent the weekend fishing with my nephew.

Which reminds me - we need a new camera. This one is hard to use, the screen is broken, people always think I'm taking a video, the photos are grainy, and I'm tired of dealing with it. Must buy new camera.

I took a quick trip to Fargo to see my family. My sister and her husband have a 2 year old son, and he is super fantastic. I brought him a magnetic fishing pole for his birthday, made in the USA and purchased at peapods. He seemed to really enjoy it, and I thought it was a fun gift.

This kid is amazing. It's hard when I only see him once every few months, because each time I see him so much has changed. He knows many words and is
so energetic and amazing, it's a lot of fun to hang out with him.

Tomorrow I'm crossing into my 19th week, which could technically be considered half way, since a full term pregnancy is 36 weeks. I'm still waiting until the 20th week to officially celebrate the 50% mark, since I don't expect the kid to come early. It is way,way too early to know when the baby will come, but history shows that first babies are usually born in the 41st week. I've decided that I like March 25th, and I'm shooting for that. It's a Tuesday.

We're going to do our second ultrasound next week. We're excited about it, and though it's not necessary to do it we think we want to. It's part of this balance between the natural, home birth experience, and the clinical setting. This next appointment will give us a chance to discuss our birth plan with the clinic midwife, and we're hoping that she'll be supportive. We won't find out the sex during the ultrasound, and we're choosing not to do any genetic prescreening, so really it's just be sure the baby is still there and developing at a normal pace. Seeing the baby move around on the first ultrasound at 8 weeks, was amazing and trippy, so I know this one will be just as exciting. We should be able to see a lot more of the baby's features, and know the size and the heart rate. I don't think there will be any surprises.

It was a fun weekend, and now I'm spending a lazy Sunday morning doing nothing much. I've got another pie in the oven, and we're going to pick out some glasses for Dave in a little while. I honestly wish it was snowing outside, just to have an excuse to stay in my pajamas and relax on the couch. The snow will be here soon enough, and I'll be cursing it come February.

No comments: