Thursday, January 15, 2009

so cold

Normally, I'm not one to complain about the cold. Really - I like winter and I like living in Minnesota in the cold months. I get annoyed when long time residents complain about the weather and generally think - if you don't like the cold, then move. But this? Well this is just something else.


That's right, it says "Pipe-rupturing, battery-draining cold" and above, it says today's high will be -5 , and will feel like -30. That's just outright insane.

This column tells me today is the coldest morning in the twin cities since January 30, 2004, which blows my mind a little bit. 5 years ago we were living in the little house without a furnace, and Dave was leaving for work at 6 am. I don't remember it being this cold, so the heat of new love must have been keeping us warm.

The thermometer on our porch only goes down to -10. This morning it looked like this:

Yowza. Don't worry. Gus and I are still planning to walk to our class this afternoon. It'll be warmer by 1:00, right?

No comments: