Thursday, November 15, 2007

unfair

Yesterday was a hard day. I had a board meeting from 4:00 - 6:30, and I should have gone into the office late knowing that I would be there into the evening. I had a training that I had to attend at 8:30, so I wasn't able to start the day late. I went into the office at the usual time, and was there for about 11 hours yesterday.

I don't have the stamina for that any longer. By 4:30, by eyelids were drooping, I was exhausted. I stayed to the end of the meeting, and came home and ate dinner. I was on my way to bed at 8:30, and slept for 10 hours straight. It's the first time in a long time that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night, and I'm actually feeling much more rested than I have in days. I can't work more than 8 hours at a time. It's not fair to me, and it's certainly not fair to Dave, who has to bear the brunt of my grumpiness. I'm really looking forward to this weekend and a short week next week.

In pregnancy news - I think thumper is beginning to develop a sort of schedule. The baby doesn't wake up when I do, but usually thumps me for the first time around 9:00 in the morning. That goes on for awhile, then there's radio silence until mid afternoon. From 2 - 5, there's lots of thumping, and then again after dinner. Maybe the baby is learning how to take naps!

No comments: