Tuesday, November 27, 2007

c-c-c-cold

Winter arrived today, much to my surprise. On Sunday evening Dave and I sat in the backyard in jeans and sweatshirts and had a fire. Today, it was 9 degrees while I waited for the bus. Who knew the temperature could drop so suddenly?

I always claim to be a winter person, but I've been more and more excited about summer in the recent years. The cold has just begun to get to me. I'm not sure how it's going to work this year - my jacket is barely fitting around my tummy right now. I'll be thrift storing for a bigger coat soon. Maybe a big long trench coat, one that goes down to my calves and keeps my butt warm so I can sit on the bench.

Long ago when I first became pregnant, I vowed to myself that I wouldn't become a wuss and insist on driving the car every day. This morning, though, I was trying to figure out how to finance a second car so both Dave and I could drive instead of take the bus. We don't really want to be a two car family, but there are mornings when I dream of walking into a heated, attached, 2-car garage, kissing Dave good-bye and each getting into our respective cars. Just a pipe dream, one that will be completely gone by this afternoon when it's 30 degrees. I do love Minnesota winters. I just tend to love them more in retrospect than when I'm living through them.

No comments: