Friday, November 2, 2007

pupper of the week

Here is the ever-popular Irene, glaring at me through the screen door. I thought it was fitting to have one more summer photo before the chill really sets in.

It's been a busy few days at work, and I feel like I haven't had a chance to catch my breath. Halloween night was fun - we had many trick-or-treaters and only had to turn away one bunch of kids when we ran out of candy. I did something that shocked the shit out of me, though - while I was walking down the stairs, I completely missed the bottom step and hit the floor on my knees. Even though I've read in every pregnancy book to be careful, walk delicately, and note that your center of gravity changes, I still wasn't really prepared for that. I thought it would happen much later, once I'm really popping out, but I suppose an extra 10 pounds right in the middle front of your body will through you off. I iced my knees and the bruises aren't too bad. It made me take note, though, and I'm going to go down the stairs more carefully from now on. Of course, it may have nothing to do with my center of gravity - I may just be extremely clumsy.

We had our ultrasound scheduled for today, but the furnace
is causing us problems and the repair person can only come during the hours we had planned to be at the clinic. I'm going to try to call and get it rescheduled, I just don't want to have Dave miss it. Hopefully we can get in early next week, get the furnace fixed, and all will be well. I'm more than a little disappointed, though, and sad that today won't be the day where we get to see the baby.

Alas, tis better not to suffer the cold in the house this weekend, or pay through the nose for emergency repair service. I've started Eunny Jang's Anemoi mittens. I'm thrilled with them, but more on that later.




1 comment:

Knittymama said...

Oh good, you got the pattern! I was just e-mailing you about that.