Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Coffee, making the world go round

Yesterday was a much nicer day, even though I had to be at work for 10 hours. The difference? Coffee. Right around 3, I had a huge cup of steaming hot deliciousness, something I've been avoiding since I got pregnant. Oooh, it made all the difference. I had energy, I was helpful in my meetings, and Dave and I had a great night at home. The only downside was that even though my eyelids were drooping at 9:00, I tossed and turned for at least an hour before I could sleep. Apparently once you swear off your daily dose of caffeine, it change the way it affects you. 6 months ago, I could have had that cup of joe at 8:30, and still have been snoozing an hour and a half later. That makes me nervous to go back to alcohol next year - I won't be able to have more than a few sips!

No comments: