Friday, May 9, 2008

Plums in bloom

The plum tree began to bloom today, reminding me that it's been a year since I started this here blog.
When I went back to look, though, I realized that the tree bloomed a few weeks earlier last year. I missed my official blog-o-versary.
Too bad. It's still been roughly a year, and I'm glad to say that I've kept a moderately good record of what this past year has been for us. The pregnancy, mostly, and the past two months with Gus. Dave doesn't think he'll continue to update his blog, so I hope to add more photos of the garden here for him to remember what he was working on.

Today, for example, was the Friends School Plant sale.

This is the second year that we've gone, but we were much better prepared this time.

Dave got a cart.

We stood in line for wristbands, and got in group number 3.The sale itself was chaos. There are something like 700 volunteers, thousands of shoppers, and what must be millions of plants.
I'd say we did pretty well, though. From the time we got in, we only spent about an hour shopping. We got tomatoes, eggplant, bok choy, lavender, thyme, rosemary, parsley, hot peppers, bay, begonias, coleus, boston ivy, and two juniper bushes.That's all I can identify from the photos. I know there's at least a few other things in there. All in all, it was a fun morning. Gus slept through the whole thing, and wasn't even cranky on our way home. We'll definitely go back next year.But we may start even earlier!

No comments: