Saturday, April 4, 2009

ugh

It's been nearly a month since I've posted, and I'm feeling a little bad about that. There's been plenty to post about, Gus had his first birthday, we moved his blog to include his little sibling, the purchase of the store is still in process, we bought a new computer... and surprisingly I haven't had a lot of computer time.

I will say these last three days have been simply awful. Both Dave and I came down with a bug that involves gastrointestinal acrobatics the likes of which neither of us have seen for awhile. It's officially the first time I've tossed my cookies while pregnant, so I guess I could be grateful that I'm not one of those unluckies who spends their first and third trimester kneeling in front of the toilet. Now, though, I'm sitting still and getting fluids, as per midwife recommendation. I was having Braxton Hicks contractions this afternoon, a few more than one should like to have. Apparently dehydration can cause contractions, so I'm trying to sit still, rest, and get plenty to drink. Certainly not an easy thing for me to do, especially because extra fluids means extra trips to the bathroom, and a little one on the inside thinks it's particularly fun to poke toes into my bladder when it's full.

So here I sit, trying to enjoy the new computer and not feel frustrated that Dave - who is also under the weather - is doing the shopping, the Gus care, and cooking dinner. I'm not used to sitting still, but a threat like having to go into the hospital for preterm labor should be enough to keep me in my seat for the rest of the day. This pregnancy has been so much harder physically. I didn't expect it to be so different from the first one, but it has been. That's a story for another day. I'm off to see what kind of widgets I can download.

No comments: